GIVING BACK TO SOCIETY
Shrimathi Devkunvar Nanalal Bhatt Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai, is an Aided Autonomous College, affiliated to the University of Madras. It was established in 1968 by the Cork Industries Charities Trust. The college has rendered five decades of exemplary service for the education and upliftment of women and society. The institution is geared towards provision of a holistic education, in line with the core values of NAAC. The Vision and Mission of the college envisions a world where every woman has access to education. The institution is committed to national development and takes a modern innovative approach to teaching- which is integrated with technology to prepare students for global challenges- along with inculcation of a strong value system in all its students.
The College was accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC in 2003. The autonomous status was conferred by UGC and confirmed by University of Madras in June 2006 and further extended in March 2013. Recently, on January 2017, the College was re-accredited with ‘A+’ grade by NAAC in the third cycle, with a CGPA of 3.52. The College was sanctioned funding by DBT under STAR College Scheme for UG Basic Sciences courses for interdisciplinary studies
As the Institution steps into its Golden Jubilee year from July 2018, it is envisioned to expand its potential for excellence by creating a unique brand image for itself and offer collaborative programs with institutions of academic excellence from all over India as well as abroad.
- The Vision of the college is to set new standards of excellence, inclusiveness, and committed service to the community.
- Educating young women to be intellectually competent, ethically upright, socially committed, and spiritually inspired.
- To deliver an outcome based and career focused student learning experience by taking cognizance of the changing job market, thus preparing the students for the future.
- To acquire necessary resources to meet the dynamic developmental needs of students.
- To ensure professional and personal development of faculty and research scholars by providing a conducive environment for creative and innovative research for the betterment of society.
Infrastructure and Learning Resources
The College has prioritized excellent infrastructure for both academics and sports activities- with 10 acres of land and a built up area of 23,675.48 square meters. It has 87 well-furnished classrooms, inclusive of several smart rooms and adequate number of staff rooms.
Well equipped air-conditioned auditoriums with different seating capacities, separate fully computerized libraries for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students, a preview theater & photography laboratory, a state of the art cookery laboratory, and and indoor stadium are some of the highlights, other than the conference hall.
For more information Shrimathi Devkunvar Nanalal Bhatt Vaishnav College for Women